Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waterpark Adventure

We left on Sunday to go to Boise Idaho...about 6 hours away to go to a waterpark http://www.roaringsprings.com/. Lots of people thought we were crazy to go so far for just one day at a waterpark but I was itching to show my daughter that warm days and water are so much fun. I grew up in Florida and have been missing swimming outdoors in warm weather (you just don't get that here in Washington State).
It was great. We had 98 degrees outside and 7 hours of water fun. We loved the slides (although my daughter was not too thrilled with the dark ones), the lazy river and the wave pool. Most pools etc were around 3 feet deep so my daughter could show off her newly learned swimming skills while being in water that was not over her 5 y/o head. She loved the waves and kept saying she was surfboarding (so cute).
I am looking forward to going to a waterpark again next summer either in Boise or somewhere else.
And yes it was worth the 12 hours of driving for one day at the park.........

No comments: