Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Camping with I Spy Bags

This weekend (Friday - Sunday) my family is going camping. Now keep in mind I am not a camper...I like cabins and beds and kitchens and bathrooms. The last time I "camped" was about 18 years ago and involved lots of alcohol and I still ended up sleeping in the car after a raccoon invaded our camp.
I also do not do well when I am not hooked up to the computer at a moments notice and if I can't have my computer I want my sewing machine. I also feel an urgency to get to work on lots and lots of products for the upcoming Christmas season so I am going to pack up all my little treasures and haul them out to the woods so I can pack them up in sets of 40-45 to go in individual I Spy Bags. If I have to feel uncomfortable out in the woods I may as well feel useful. I am also going to bring my ongoing crochet project where I will continue to try and make a dish cloth (I keep doing the same two rows, it does not look right so I then pull it out and start again, maybe the 10th time will be the charm).
I will report back about how it all went on Monday....Just hoping I don't get eaten by a bear or have a tree limb fall on my head.
By the way my husband and daughter love the outdoors and would spend weeks on end camping so I am the odd man out who has avoided all the other camping trips the last 2 years.

No comments: