Monday, August 25, 2008

Camping....the Short version

All in all the camping was OK, but I have told my husband no more than 1 night next time. I just don't think I can handle more than one night of 2 hours of sleep. I just cannot seem to get any sleep in a tent even on a mattress.
And the bugs I can really do without the bugs.
Even though I might (I said MIGHT) go camping again to take one for the team since my husband and daughter love it so much I just don't get it. I saw all these people who were at the campsite and I just don't get how people can see this as a vacation. Vacation is supposed to be done in places that are better than your own home......not a step down and sleeping in a tent is way down.
On a more positive note my daughter thoroughly enjoyed spending so much time with her cousins and cried for at least the first 30 minutes of the drive home claiming she missed all the things from camping that are not in "our world" (as she calls our home and city) ....so sweet and sad all at the same time.

No comments: