Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Showcase a Pretty good deal

Over all I think the etsy main showcase was worth the $15 I paid for it. It gave me some good exposure and I finally hit the 100 hearts mark, even went over to 101 today. I also noticed my views increased a lot. I made one sale and one trade but the extra exposure for those who might come back later was worth it. And it did not take a lot of my time. I just went in and changed the item being showcased 4 or 5 times during the day to keep it fresh.
This is just the beginning of my "getting down to business " plan for 2008.
So far I have
- started this blog
-Updated photos to make shop more cohesive
-Got a new banner and avatar designed for my shop and put it up
-Been in a showcase ( I think I will do another one in a couple of months)
-Started posting in the forums
-Started making some new items
-Increased my store inventory
-donated items to my daughters school auction for exposure and advertising

I still want to
-approach some local stores about selling my products
-look into doing some craft fairs this spring and the Vancouver Farmers Market this Summer.

No comments: