Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Birth of a Waldorf Doll

Beginning to stuff the wool into the stockinette fabric. It says to use half of the stuffing for the head.

The head is now stuff and the neck is tied off.

Adding the eye line with dental floss.
This shows all the floss tied around the various parts of the head....side view.Pinning the people colored fabric over the finished head. I chose a darker skin tone so it would be closer to my daughters actual skin tone.l
I decided to go with a nose...this view is from the front of the doll after the fabric is pinned on.
View after the fabric is stitched on.
Back view showing the stitching. A lot of this will be covered by hair in the final doll but you will always be able to see part of the sewing "scar"

As you can see above I finally had a chance to spend a couple of hours today working on the Waldorf doll I am making my daughter for Christmas. I had a chance I to make the head and cover with the fabric. Next up will be the body. I am hoping I have time to also make a couple of outfits , a sleeping bag, pillow and a little teddy for the doll but no guarantees...I will feel lucky if I can get the doll made and get her dressed.

I will post more pictures as I progress.